History

Monsignor Leo Cleary and the Sisters of Saint Joseph opened St. Mary School, Port Hope in 1956 and then St. Anthony in 1960.  An addition, including 8 classrooms, a gym, refurbished library and new office area, was added to St. Anthony in 1996.  In December 2009, St. Mary School closed and a 2 story Primary/Junior wing was added to St. Anthony, including two full kindergarten rooms and a meeting room.  The school now holds approximately 395 students from Junior Kindergarten to grade 8.